Sunday, August 24, 2014

Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore

This book is the perfect read for girls who love movies--and romantic comedies in particular. Unlikely friends Marijke Monti and Lily Spencer team up with a crazy scheme: to reinact epic movie moments to win over their crushes. I loved all of the movie references in this book, but I'm not sure if middle school girls still watch some of the movies mentioned, such as Sixteen Candles, Say Anything, and Titanic. The book lightly addresses family issues and searching for personal identity.  Normally, I would find the ending of this book unrealistic and too perfect, but like most romantic comedies, I know what I'm getting into and a happy ending is completely satisfying. I recommend this to high school and some middle school readers who like romantic movies. I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment